FRESHMEN RESEARCH PAPER REQUIREMENTS
- The body of the paper must be from four to six pages long in MLA Style.
- The paper must be typed in Times New Roman Font 12; double spaced.. (Arrangements
can be made to stay after school and type your paper.)
- Every paper must be on a particular career job or profession. (There will
be no duplication of topics.)
- Every paper must have a thesis/topic statement, an outline, a body that contains parenthetical notation and finally a work-cited page.
- Your paper must consider six to eight sources during the research. Four
sources minimum needed for this paper with at least two that are not from the Internet.
- You must use the MLA style. (Website: http://webster.commnet.edu/mla.htm).
- Students will receive a full letter grade penalty for each day late. Papers
will be accepted up to three days late. Afterwards a grade of a zero will be
- You will be given four days in the library. Use your time wisely! More time will be needed to complete this paper.
Plan accordingly. Your studies, after school, weekends at the public library. This is your research paper!
- I am available after school for anyone who needs assistance. I am
available Period 4 and 6 for questions. Please check with me so I am available
to you. After school activities is not an excuse for late papers or not asking
- Any research paper that contains plagiarism will receive a grade of zero.
- The software entitled Turnitin.com ensures authentic work.
Topics due Rough Draft of Topic Sentence
information on career choice; Note Cards -
Finalized topic statement is due. Library Day
Primary and Secondary Sources Due. Library
Due and Rough Draft of
Page One is due.
Cited Procedures – Classroom
Registration – Classroom Demonstration
Outline Due/Work Cited Due/Register at Turnitin.com
Rough draft of the paper/portfolio due. Quiz Grade
techniques”) Students must bring to class!
Final draft of the paper handed in to your teacher.
print out one hard copy and also submit the final
to Turnitin.com. Instructions provided in class.
REMEMBER: PLAN AHEAD!!! Check you supplies: Paper, Ribbon/Ink, Diskettes.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LATE